analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
Petrolab are delighted to welcome Mariola Zając.read more
The Zeiss Mineralogic system is split into three sections (Mineralogic, Mineralogic Explorer and Mineralogic Reporter). They cover three distinct areas, namely; (i) the collection of data, (ii) the analysis of the database, and (iii) the reporting of the results. The last of these is the focus of this article.read more
Gold losses in tailings present a particular challenge to traditional 2D based petrography and automated mineralogy techniques due to a number of factors. This paper explores some of the ways in which X-ray microscopy can overcome many of the challenges associated with this analysis.read more