analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
We currently have a temporary position available for an experienced Software Engineer.
The postholder will work to continue the development of version 2 of a reporting application for the Carl Zeiss Microscopy Mineralogic Mining system. This is a temporary post with an expected project duration of approximately 2 months (full-time), though possibly longer.read more
Corinne Garner has joined the team at Petrolab as a Junior Mineralogist. She recently completed her Masters at Camborne School of Mines having previously undertaken a Bachelors degree at the University of Aberdeen. Her courses included ore mineralogy and petrology, analytical techniques for mineral analysis and sample preparation, ore deposit geology and mineral processing.read more
We are hiring! We currently have a place available for a junior mineralogist working primarily in our sample preparation laboratory and with our routine mineralogical tests.read more