analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
Petrolab attended the recently hosted Sustainable Minerals 2016 conference at St Michael’s Hotel, Falmouth in Cornwall. Previously known as Sustainability, Resource Conservation and Recycling (SRCR), this conference brings together speakers from a wide variety of backgrounds looking at topics from mine waste characterisation, to efficient resource utilization through to electronic waste recycling.read more
This article is the second of three posts and in it we explore the main changes that have occurred between the 2nd (1997) and 3rd edition (2016) of the mundic guidance (effective 1st January 2016).read more
Petrolab is part of the lab focus in this months Microscopy and Analysis. The article, linked here, records a short history of the founding of Petrolab, how the focus had to shift through the challenges of the financial crisis and how diversification had led towards targeting the use of automated mineralogy in the mining industry.read more