analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
Petrolab are proud sponsors of Process Mineralogy 2017 in Cape Town and have the privilege of presenting two papers at the conference.read more
We currently have a temporary position available for an experienced Software Engineer.
The postholder will work to continue the development of version 2 of a reporting application for the Carl Zeiss Microscopy Mineralogic Mining system. This is a temporary post with an expected project duration of approximately 2 months (full-time), though possibly longer.read more
Corinne Garner has joined the team at Petrolab as a Junior Mineralogist. She recently completed her Masters at Camborne School of Mines having previously undertaken a Bachelors degree at the University of Aberdeen. Her courses included ore mineralogy and petrology, analytical techniques for mineral analysis and sample preparation, ore deposit geology and mineral processing.read more