analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
This article is the second of three posts and in it we explore the main changes that have occurred between the 2nd (1997) and 3rd edition (2016) of the mundic guidance (effective 1st January 2016).read more
Petrolab is part of the lab focus in this months Microscopy and Analysis. The article, linked here, records a short history of the founding of Petrolab, how the focus had to shift through the challenges of the financial crisis and how diversification had led towards targeting the use of automated mineralogy in the mining industry.read more
Petrolab’s Chris Brough will be presenting at MEI’s Sustainable Minerals conference at the St Michael’s Hotel and Spa, Falmouth next week. He will be talking on the use of liberation analysis in humidity cell testwork.read more