analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
Gold losses in tailings present a particular challenge to traditional 2D based petrography and automated mineralogy techniques due to a number of factors. This paper explores some of the ways in which X-ray microscopy can overcome many of the challenges associated with this analysis.read more
Both the priming grant and bridging grant applications were successful and Petrolab look forward to working closely with the University of Tasmania over the coming 12 months.read more
The vast majority of our work involves the preparation of 30 mm polished blocks for quantitative analysis. However the Zeiss Mineralogic system is also perfectly geared towards the analysis of unpolished micromounts.read more