analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Automated Mineralogy (Bulk Modal Analysis, Deportment, Detailed Liberation, GSD, Associations, Theoretical Mineral Liberation, Particle Images)
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
We are proud to announce, following our certification audit carried out by Consult Environmental, that Petrolab has now achieved BS EN ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems accreditation, an internationally recognized standard that ensures that our services meet the needs of our clients through an effective quality management system.read more
Petrolab are delighted to welcome Connor Wells and Jonathan Coad.read more
This Week James Strongman is attending PDAC 2020, the world’s premier mineral exploration and mining convention.read more