analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Automated Mineralogy (Bulk Modal Analysis, Deportment, Detailed Liberation, GSD, Associations, Theoretical Mineral Liberation, Particle Images)
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
This is the last in the series of Mineralogic 101 posts looking at the complex data outputs that are available for the thorough visualisation of liberation, association and grain-size information.read more
Petrolab and iMin Solution Director James Strongman will be presenting at Grinding Solutions pre-conference Seminar at the Vineyard Hotel, Cape Town on April 15th, talking about “Mineralogy, Metallurgy and the Mine Site”read more