analysis and reporting on metalliferous ores, gold and PGM, industrial minerals, slags and contaminants.
analysis and reporting on rocks, aggregates, building stone, slate, concrete, render and mortar.
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Automated Mineralogy (Bulk Modal Analysis, Deportment, Detailed Liberation, GSD, Associations, Theoretical Mineral Liberation, Particle Images)
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
Petrolab offers a materials preparation service producing petrographic thin sections from samples and specimens of
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
We operate the first Pelcon Automatic Thin Section Machine in the UK, which produces high quality thin sections.
Petrolab has provided a wide range of services to industry leading clients including:
The benefits of multicomponent mineralogical analysis – an example from the Isortoq Fe-V-Ti deposit.
We recently had the opportunity to work on R500’s high-grade Fe-V-Ti Isortoq project in South-West Greenland, using multiple analytical techniques to discern the overall bulk and trace mineralogy along with key liberation and deportment characteristics. This type of multicomponent analysis can be highly beneficial for providing robust overall mineralogical interpretation allowing greater confidence for critical ongoing commercial and development decisions.read more
We are hiring! We currently have a place available for a junior mineralogist working primarily in our sample preparation laboratory and with our routine mineralogical tests.read more